Lakeland School System contracts transportation services through Durham School Services. Our goal is to provide safe and efficient transportation to and from school for all students that qualify for transportation.
The Parent Responsibility Zone for Lakeland School System is 1.5 miles for elementary through middle school. If you live within this zone, you are responsible for providing transportation for your student(s).
Below is a list of issues/examples for which you should contact Durham School Services main bus lot at 901-861-0256. You can also contact either Jerry Meggs or Hale Driver. Jerry Meggs, our Durham Services general manager, may be reached at 901-277-9782 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hale Driver, Durham Region Manager, may be reached at 901-217-9034 or by email at email@example.com.
- Bus is excessively early or late to a designated stop.
- Bus completely misses or does not pick up at a stop.
- Parent/student is having an issue with a driver.
- Bus is picking up/dropping off at the wrong stop.
For routing concerns/issues, please contact transportation shared services at 901-286-6703 or our shared services Transportation Supervisor, Kim Reed, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report unsafe driving by bus drivers, please call 1-833-BUS-REPORT or go online to busreports.com.
Durham Bus Tracker App
The Durham Bus Tracker App is available for parent/guardians with students currently riding general education buses.
- Obtain your child’s “Other ID” from Skyward by clicking on the “Student Info” tab on your child’s Skyward account and have it available for Step 4 below. This code may be as few as two or as many as seven digits long.
- Download the Durham Bus Tracker App from Apple App Store, Google Play Store or view it on a Web browser.
- Create a secure Username and Password for the application.
- Click on (+) and enter student name, Skyward ID (add 797 before the ID to identify Lakeland Schools like this: 797###.). Select Shelby Municipals and State. Click done and save.
- Start tracking your student’s bus by clicking on your student’s name.
- Your student’s route number will show at the top of your phone. If you double click on the bus shown, it will show the GPS number actually running the route. The number may be different from the route number and allows Durham to substitute buses and still provide accurate information for your student.