If you subscribe to social media, please consider following the district and school Facebook accounts for important news and events throughout the school year.
All registration, including returning and new students (K-10), will be held online.For Skyward username/password information, please contact the following personnel at your child's assigned school:
- Lakeland Elementary School (grades K-4): Donita Carmichael
- Lakeland Preparatory School (grades 5-10): Megan Cagle
For general registration information such as residency requirements, documents needed, etc., please contact the Lakeland School System Student Services Supervisor, Kim Pickens.
How do I register my child if I do not have a computer or access to the internet?
A limited number of appointments are available for parents that do not have a computer or access to the internet. Please contact the following personnel at your child’s assigned school to schedule an appointment:
- Lakeland Elementary School (grades K-4): Donita Carmichael, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lakeland Preparatory School (grades 5-10): Megan Cagle, email@example.com
Asistencia para nuestras familias de habla hispana:
Si necesita ayuda para registrar a su hijo en línea, o si tiene preguntas sobre el registro, comuníquese con Karin Deleon, Facilitadora Bilingüe de LSS al 901-209-1086, o por correo electrónico, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please see the categories listed below, and click on the tab that pertains to your situation (Kindergarten/new students, returning, shared residence).
- All documents will need to be scanned and uploaded in the Skyward portal.
- Shared Residence: Please register your child in the Skyward Parent Portal, but do not upload proofs of residence. Additional instructions are located under the Shared Residence tab.
Kindergarten Early Entrance Information:
The LSS Kindergarten Early Entrance screening period has closed. The screening process for the 2024-2025 school year will be posted during the month of February, 2024.
Kindergarten Immunization and Physical Exam Information:
- All immunizations must be on the Tennessee Immunization Certificate;
- To view 2023-2024 immunization and physical exam requirements, view this PDF file.
Lakeland Preparatory School Immunization Information:
Immunization Exemption Information:
- In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat of an epidemic, the requirement does not apply to any child whose parent or guardian files with school authorities a signed, written statement that the immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent’s or guardian’s religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury;
- A child is not denied admission to any school or school facility if the child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if the child has a written statement from the child’s doctor excusing the child from the immunization;
- A child or youth determined to be homeless is not denied admission to any school or school facility if the child or youth has not yet been immunized or is unable to produce immunization records due to being homeless; and
- An immunization is not required if a qualified physician certifies that administration of the immunization would be in any manner harmful to the child involved.
- Does Lakeland School System have a preschool program?
- Do I need to reside within Lakeland City limits for my child to attend Lakeland schools?
- What are the residency requirements if I’m divorced or single?
- Do I need to submit court documents or parenting plans?
- I am building a home in Lakeland. Can I register my child for school before I move in?
- Do you accept a power of attorney for a non custodial guardian to enroll a minor child into school?
- What proofs of residence do I need to submit if I have a lease that renews every 30 days (month to month)?
- Do I need to submit new proofs of residency if my lease expires or I move to a new home?
- If I move outside of Lakeland, can my child continue to attend Lakeland schools?
- Can I register my child in a Lakeland School System school if I own a home or property in Lakeland, but my primary residence is located outside of Lakeland City limits?
- What are the repercussions if I fraudulently represent the address for my child?